Supplied by WCA
The World Cement Association has announced the first line-up of speakers for its 5th annual conference and exhibition, which will take place from 25th – 28th September 2022, in person at the Emirates Towers, Dubai, UAE. The conference will focus on practical steps that can be taken today to reduce both the carbon footprint and the costs, based on the regional roadmap developed by WCA’s partner for the conference, A³&Co.
The speakers will cover many pressing issues faced by the cement industry including: the industry response to climate change, impact of high energy costs, energy efficiency, alternative fuels, new technologies, financing and managing human capital.
Mahendra Singhi, the Managing Director and CEO of Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Ltd. will deliver one of the keynote addresses at the Conference on the topic of ‘Grey to green – Reducing carbon for integrated value creation.’ Mahendra is a director of WCA and has been actively promoting both the need for climate action by the cement industry and the business opportunities this can bring. Under his leadership, Dalmia Cement has become the cement company with the lowest global CO2 emissions per ton.
Other speakers and panellists include:
- Nigel Topping, UN Climate Change High-Level Champion at COP26, will speak on ‘The road to COP 27 & COP 28’
- Amr Nader, Co-Founder & CEO, A³&Co. will be a key speaker on the MENA roadmap and its implications
- Roland van Wijnen, CEO of PPC Ltd will be give his views on ‘Rethinking cement in a changing world: Decarbonisation as an opportunity’
- Nik Gowing,Founder at Thinking the Unthinkable and one of the world’s leading and most respected conference facilitators and moderators, will be the Conference Chair
- Suhair Abu Salem, Human Capital & Communication Director at A³&Co. will be speaking at the workshop on ‘Reinventing cement talent for a net zero world’
- Arnaud Pinatel, Managing Partner at On Field Investment Research, will be looking at the topic of the ‘Outlook for the cement sector worldwide’
- Ehab Shalaby, PhD, CEO of DCarbon Egypt will be a panellist discussing ‘Steps on the road to net zero: today’s actions’
- Matthias Mersmann, CTO & Member of the Board, KHD Humboldt Wedag will be speaking on the topic of ‘Bringing the future cement plant into reality’
- Yousra Elsayed, Principal, EBRD will give a policy bank view of the challenges facing the industry
- Didier Bourbon, VP Sales Asia for Fives FCB, will talk about various technologies that are available today to reduce carbon and improve profitability
The conference will provide a unique opportunity for industry stakeholders; CEOs and other executives, particularly those in the MENA region, to come together in preparation for the upcoming COP27 in Egypt and the following COP28 in the UAE.
Here is the full line up of speakers. Tickets include admission to the two-day WCA Annual Conference; including the welcome reception, all sessions, refreshments and lunch, exhibition, and Gala Dinner.
Register using this link: WCA Annual Conference 2022 Registration. Find out more information on the WCA website: World Cement Association. For any questions or need help to register, please email: [email protected]