Conference to unlock high-performance concrete
High performance concrete (HPC) will be in the spotlight at The Concrete Conference this year when experts from the concrete industry, including precast and readymix technologists lay bare the latest innovations for the construction industry.
The Concrete Conference (TCC) marks a first for the country’s concrete organisations who will work together to produce an industry-backed, expert-driven conference that is entirely focused on concrete in construction. The confluence of the organisations, including the Concrete Society of South Africa (CSSA), The Concrete Institute (TCI), Concrete Manufacturers Association (CMA) and the Southern Africa Readymix Association (Sarma) will provide delegates with a wealth of technical information, new technologies, as well as case studies that will highlight techniques used on award winning projects across the country.
According to organiser, Johan van Wyk, the conference is backed and sponsored by the major cement producers (Afrisam, Sephaku, Lafarge and PPC) who will lend further expertise and technological insight into the future of industry. The conference is also supported by a host of industry representatives, as well as suppliers who will exhibit and reveal the latest innovations and solutions to produce high performance concrete.
The conference is a must for all those who work with concrete, specify or procure concrete for construction projects. In addition to exhibits, the conference will include presentation by some of the country’s most respected specialists, economists and futurists including:
- A panel discussion on the Prospects for the Concrete Industry with SAFCEC CEO, Webster Mfebe, Saice CEO, Manglin Pillay, CESA CEO Chris Campbell and MBSA
- Hans Beushausen of the University of Cape Town on Myths and Truths about High Performance Concrete
- Jason Roberts of Rocla on High Performance Precast Concrete
- Renowned professional speaker Michael Jackson on Change Management
- Industry Insight’s David Metelerkamp on Prospects for the Construction Industry
- And presentations on Structural High Performance Concrete and High Performance Ready Mix Concrete.
Case studies of award winning projects include:
- Brendan Croney of Afrisam on the RMC Mndwaka Dam
- Niaz Ahmed of the V&A Waterfront on Quayside Developments
- Gert van Schalkwyk of SMEC on the Mount Edgecombe Interchange
- And case studies on the concrete challenges at Kusile Main Works, the award winning Pacaltsdorp Pedestrian Bridge and the innovative integral Van Zyl Spruit Bridge
“This is a different type of conference with a broad appeal for all in the concrete and construction industries. With input from all the concrete organisations, as well as professional bodies from the construction industry, it is designed to be relevant, informative and educational. It is also recognised by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) and will be fully CPD accredited – making it a worthwhile event to attend,” says Johan.
The conference takes place at the Misty Hills Conference Centre in Muldersdrift on 17 and 18 August 2017. To find out more information or to register go to The Concrete Conference website www.bit.ly/2qmMszG or contact Johan on (011) 315 0300 or email [email protected]