KZN Construction Expo offers free training workshops for construction professionals
Construction industry professionals eager to propel their skills and capacity forward in KZN’s ballooning R200 billion industry over the next seven years are invited to register for any of the fourteen CPD accredited workshops offered at the KZN Construction Expo to be held 20-21 February 2019 at the Durban Exhibition Centre in Durban, South Africa.
The third annual KZN Construction Expo is ploughing back knowledge into the community to create industry building blocks to maintain, grow and nurture professional skills necessary to benefit the industry, and the development of the country.
Industry workers can attend a series of free training workshops dealing with a host of topics, and which are CPD accredited by the South African Institute for Building Design (SAIBD). These include:
- How to get the best out of your readymix by Schalk Faber, Technical Manager, Penetron South Africa;
- Origin of disputes by Uwe Putlitz, Chief Executive Officer, JBCC;
- Rules of professional conduct for architects by Ntanganedzeni Makakavhule, Legal and Compliance Officer, SACAP;
- National building regulations by Videsh Boodu, Vice President, South African Institute of Building Design (SAIBD);
- Pricing in the electrical industry by Mark Mfikoe, National Director, Electrical Contractors Association;
- Timber frame housing by Gavin Brown, Engineer, Institute of Timber Construction;
- An overview of quality precast concrete by Henry Cockcroft, General Manager, Concrete Manufacturers Association (CMA); and
- Promoting social & economic objectives through procurement for an inclusive built environment profession by Ian Massey, Director, MDA Law.
Tracy-Lee Behr, Portfolio Director at dmg events, KZN Construction Expo organisers, can provide more information about the workshops, the industry’s drive to nurture skills development in the provincial and national construction industry.
The expo offers a platform to over 2,750 construction professionals to connect and drive the future of the construction sector in KwaZulu-Natal and building and construction professionals can register at www.kznconstructionexpo.com/education