7th Africa Cementrade Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
CMT is hosting its flagship event – 7th Africa Cementrade Summit in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 14-15 April, 2015 to showcase the transformation in Africa’s cement market in light of rising construction activities and cement capacity expansions in this high-growth region.
The annual summit once again brings together an array of renowned speakers from Africa’s cement industry as well as global leaders to share an overview of the current trends and developments, across Sub-Saharan Africa, East Africa, as well as Ebola-hit West Africa.
The two-day summit will be graced by His Excellency Hon. Mr. Mekuria Haile, Minister, Ministry of Urban Development, Housing and Construction, Ethiopia, delivering the official opening address on ‘Ethiopia’s Infrastructure & Urban Development Plan’.
Among noteworthy speakers and sessions by cement giants are: Dangote Cement’s Group Managing Director & CEO, Devakumar V.G. Edwin, sharing the company’s ‘Cement’s Growth Strategy to 2017,’ and Kephar L. Tande, MD of East African Portland Cement Co Ltd providing an update on ‘Ready Mix Concrete & Aggregate Market Outlook in East Africa.’ Meanwhile, Medcem Global will deliver a paper on ‘Cement Market Outlook in Cameroon & Investment Plans in West Africa.’ Another key cement producer speaking at the event is ARM Cement, whereas Savannah Cement Ltd will join in a Panel Discussion on ‘Evolving Customer Requirements and Use of Innovation to Address the Same.’
Besides adding in a scheduled site visit to the newly completed Dangote Cement (Ethiopia) plant on 15 April, 2015, the summit also features below confirmed sessions:
• Ethiopia’s Cement Market & Export Challenges – National Cement Share Company (NCSC)
• African Consumption, Market Dynamics and its Role in Global Trade – OneStone Consulting SL
• Advancement in Cement Packaging – BEUMER Group GmbH & Co. KG
• Dry Mix Technology – Wacker Chemicals Middle East
• Recovery of West Africa’s Market Impacted by Ebola – HC Trading
• Tanzania – A Net-Exporter of Cement in 2015? – Tanzania Portland Cement Company Ltd (Twiga Cement)
• Financing cement projects in Africa – Standard Bank
To view the full agenda one can visit event website.
Contacts Ms. Grace Oh, +65 6346 9147, email@example.com
Photo by CMT: 6th Africa Cementrade Summit, 18-19 March 2014, Lusaka ZAMBIA